Friday, April 20, 2012

Field Outing Tomorrow

Tomorrow is an all day outing for the Forest and Rail teachers are Ritter Park. We will be studying water quality using Vernier Science Probes, identifying trees by characteristics, using the Galaxy Tab to determine usable tree height, and calculating board feet of lumber available during milling. I look forward to gathering the data compiling information for the project.

By the end of the day tomorrow, I hope this blog will contain a comprehensive listing of trees in the park with pictures and identifiable traits for use by students during activities next year. I also need practice with the Vernier since my experience is limited to assisting others during training sessions. This field trip will be a good indication of how jam-packed the the trip will be later this summer.

Bring rain gear! If Steve and I are out anywhere, historically it a wet day at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment